Thursday, November 17, 2011

Callie Update Plus Auctions

Okay guys!

Marie Lu's LEGEND is still up for grabs here: Signed Advanced Copy of Legend by Marie Lu, Hardcover

And we have a new auction up: Black Dahlia 1 & 2 Paintings by Stephanie Han

We will VERY SOON, have another auction up! It's jewelry!

Also, Steve Niles was so gracious to donate SIGNED BOOKS!

So you can bid on some goods and help a wonderful person out as well!


This is what Eron has to say about Day 17:
"So today I thought I wouldn't have much to write about except for the difficulties of making the transition to Kaiser. In fact, the transition seemed to take so much out of her that Lola and I were a bit down since she seemed to be rather worse than the day before. However, and I don't want to downplay the massive difficulties still facing Callie, tonight I was hanging out, reading a book and occasionally talking to her about the day while she slept as I waited for them to kick me out to do a CT scan. After a bit she opened her good eye up, and as I talked more telling her about her mom, Mau and her friends she got more responsive. Finally, even with the transport team in the room, she was mouthing short questions and comments, including "I love you," which cumulated with her having the wherewithal to ask, "What happened?"
Not only that, but because I am terrible at lip reading and the team was helping me out trying to figure out what she was saying, we had to ask her to repeat her questions and she could! I told her she was in a bad car accident because a drunk driver hit her and that she was in unconscious for about two weeks. And because we are both giant Futurama nerds and I was so elated, I blurted out, "You know, like in that Futurama episode with the space bees and Leela was in a coma." Other than my dumb comments, the transition was really hard on her. She spent most of today very sore and sleeping. Lola and I spent most of the day trying to get caught up on everything and come up to speed with the new group of doctors working with Callie. Even with that amazing moment tonight, which I'm so thankful for, it's just a tiny step in a very long processes, so keep cheering her on!"

Go Callie, go!










No comments:

Post a Comment